Today I stumbled upon a new product from Montego Networks, called HyperSwitchTM. With HyperSwitchTM it will be possible to integrate virtual network policies and access control with a high-availability virtual security switch. Some of the features:
- Virtual machine partitioning, 802.1Q VLANs and port-based security
- Secure VM-to-VM communications
- High-availability, policy-based switching
- Virtual network discovery, visibility and rogue detection
- Policy-based access control and auditing (L2-L4, Identity and Content Firewalls)
- Load balancing, 802.1D Spanning Tree, traffic mirroring and QoS
- Interoperable delivery of third-party security applications
HyperSwitchTM will be available in two versions, a starter edition and an enterprise edition. The starter edition is FREE, where as the enterprise edition will cost USD $495. The software will be released in April 2008 and will support VMware. Support for Citrix, Virtual Iron and Microsoft virtual environments will follow in Q3-2008.
Be sure to check out the website: http://www.montegonetworks.com/
One thought on “Montego Networks – Virtual Security Switch”
Montego put out a new press release on their new alliance today (7 April 2008):
How do I e-mail news to Gabe?
Comments are closed.