It’s that time of year again, Eric Siebert launched the new vLaunchpad top VMware/virtualization blogs survey and is asking you to vote for the best blogs on virtualization in 2013. Go to: http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/1165270/Top-vBlog-2013 and select your top 10 favourite blogs.
This year my blogging was mostly about getting to know vSphere 5.1 and my first steps in to the world of VMware vCloud Director. With my vCloud Directory post I’ve written a lot about how vCloud Director networking isn’t always as straight forward as you think. Well at first it doesn’t look like it is easy but once you “get it”, you’ll learn to love it. These posts on VMware vCloud networking for dummies got a lot of attention this year:
- VMware vCloud 5.1 Networking for dummies part 1 - External access for a vCloud VM
- VMware vCloud 5.1 Networking for dummies part 2 - Connecting to vApp networks and giving external access
- VMware vCloud 5.1 Networking for dummies part 3 - Publish a vCloud deployed VM to the outside world
Ive also stumbled a few times on bigger and smaller issues with vCloud. Have a look at these posts:
- VMware vCloud error: Batch update returned unexpected row - About very vague error messages
- VMware vCloud 5.1 network troubleshooting - Tips on checking your firewall and NAT rules
- VMware vCloud Transfer spooling area is not writable - Strange issue I encountered when installing a second vCloud Director cell
- Change IP address of VMware vCloud Cell - When you need to change the IP of your vCloud Director cell.
Now please vote at: http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/1165270/Top-vBlog-2013
Thank you for reading my blog.